The ODP functions defined in this Recommendation | International Standard are those that are either fundamental or widely applicable to the construction of ODP systems.
The specifications for individual ODP functions can be combined to form specifications for components of ODP systems. The identification of such components is a matter for the standardization process and is not prescribed by this Reference Model: it contains outline function descriptions written using concepts from ITU-T Rec. X.902 | ISO/IEC 10746-2.
Some function descriptions in this Reference Model introduce objects as a simplifying modelling construct. Except where explicit constraints are given on the distribution of these objects, they do not define necessary structure in an implementation.
The functions defined in this Reference Model are listed below. Those forming an integral part of the computational language are tagged with a "*", those forming an integral part of the engineering language are tagged with a "+".
a) management functions:
1) node management function+;
2) object management function+;
3) cluster management function+;
4) capsule management function+;
b) coordination functions:
1) event notification function;
2) checkpointing and recovery function;
3) deactivation and reactivation function;
4) group function;
5) replication function;
6) migration function;
7) engineering interface reference tracking function+;
8) transaction function.
c) repository functions:
1) storage function;
2) information organization function;
3) relocation function;
4) type repository function;
5) trading function+*.
d) security functions:
1) access control function;
2) security audit function;
3) authentication function;
4) integrity function;
5) confidentiality function;
6) non-repudiation function;
7) key management function.
PREV | TOP | NEXT